The Marais is a fascinating Parisian district unlike any other. It escaped the city’s big redesign in the mid 1800s, so here you can still see medieval streets and the aristocratic mansions of the 16th and 17th centuries. Today the Marais welcomes both a large Jewish population and a lively gay scene which all makes for an eclectic mix! The Marais is also increasingly seen as the place for boutique shopping and hip fashion houses but second hand stores are also plentiful. Delicious Jewish bakeries, gay bars and op-shops all in centuries old alleys – that’s the Marais in one image!
How long will this tour take?
Approximately 2 – 2 and a half hours
What will I see on the Marais tour?
- Place des Vosges, Paris’s most picturesque square
- Bastille; and hear the story of the revolution
- ‘Pletzl’; for centuries the heart of Paris’s Jewish community
- Pompidou Centre
- The home of Victor Hugo
- The most delicious kosher bakeries and falafel houses
- The oldest houses standing in Paris
- Paris’s beautiful town hall
- The house where Jim Morrison of The Doors died
… and much more!
How do I book?
Easy! Click here to arrange your private tour